Wednesday, March 29, 2006

...And the Oscar goes to...

I had a weird dream early this morning. I dreamt I was a presenter at the Oscars with Ben. But, the theater wasn't nearly as big and we presented from the middle of the auditorium. I had on a plain dress, not like the glitz and glamour associated with the event. I opened the card, read all the teleprompter stuff and then couldn't even read the winner. Someone else had to come over and read it for me. It was like I couldn't see the words around all the background on the card. So then right after I tried to read the winner, a full length play started up on stage. I went to find my seat and someone else thought I was a waiter and asked for a drink. Very strange.

Dreams are interesting. I don't try to interpret the meanings, but sometimes I find that they can predict the future. At least mine do at times. I knew Ben was the one I was going to marry because of a dream. I kept having a recurring dream throughout college that I was walking down the aisle with my dad and the church was done up all nice and pretty. I could see my groom standing at the end, but never saw his face. All I knew was he had dark hair. The guy I was dating at the time of these dreams had dark hair, so I just assumed it was him. Well, we broke up and I still was having the dream. So, Ben and I started dating and not more than a week into our relationship, I had the dream again. This time the groom turned around and it was Ben. I never had the dream again. I think it was a weird coincidence. My dream didn't tell me to marry him, my heart did.

When I was pregnant with Katie, I just knew she as a girl from the beginning. I had two dreams about a baby that I was holding. I assumed it was the baby I had yet to give birth to. Both dreams showed a little girl with dark hair and blue eyes. I knew that was my baby in my dreams. Sure enough, that is what she came out looking like! Looking back, it was kind of cool to get a "preview" of my daughter.

Along with the dreams, I experience striking dejavu. At times it is very spooky and I have to just let the moment pass. Some times it really freaks me out. I have had whole conversations and scenes in real life when I know what exactly will happen next. Now I just need to figure out how to harness that!

2 Comments:

At 3/29/06, 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Grandma had the same type of dreams. Really spooky!

 
At 3/29/06, 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally identify with you on the deja vu, but my dreams are too weird to have any meaning whatsoever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home