Monday, April 03, 2006

Saturday fun

Saturday was such a good day. We woke up to the sun shining, although a little earlier than I would have liked (thanks Katie).

After getting ready and a nap for Katie, she and I went shopping while Ben worked on the yard. We had to go get some more bird food! It seems like we are always getting bird food. I wonder how many we feed on a daily basis. I guess we have some good stuff cause I've seen probably a dozen or so varieties on any given day.

When we got home, nap time again. More for my sake this time though! So, we all got some rest time. After we got up, it was time to hit the trails. I found a bike trailer last year at a garage sale for about 1/4 of the store price. The trailer was used, but still in excellent condition. So Katie got to go on her first bike ride! She was so cute with her little helmet on. I was so excited that I forgot to take a picture! Next time for sure.

The trails that we were on were up and down A LOT. I haven't ridden since before I got pregnant, so it was hard for me to do all the hills. I felt accomplished though that I was able to get on the bike and go again. I know it will get easier when I get into better shape. I am looking forward riding with Katie more.

We stopped at a park a couple miles from home and let Katie swing in the big swings. They have the kind with the all around supports for babies, so we just let her go. We got her started and she started pumping and kept it going for a little bit. She loves swinging! She got to sit in the grass and play with the dried leaves too. It was so much fun!

Then off to Red Robin for yummy burgers and to the baby store for safety gates. When we got home, Katies barely stayed awake for her bath. When I left for church on Sunday, she was still sleeping! Yea!

So, it was a good weekend. I love the spring and experiencing it from the eyes of a child. Everything is so new to her and makes me look at things in a new way too.

1 Comments:

At 4/3/06, 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love me some Red Robin. I get the Royal Red Robin...the one with the egg on it. SO GOOD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home