Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy New Year!

So, since I am four days late sending good wishes for the coming year, does that mean that I will be perpetually late this year? I sure hope not.

Still no baby. I am sure Nicole is just wanting little one to show his face. I thought he'd have been here by now, but he's just hanging out waiting til the time is right.

It has been a good year so far, so I hope this good stuff keeps coming.

Katie starts her new preschool tomorrow, so we are all looking forward to that. Every day for the past week she has been asking when she gets to go. I know that she will do great with everything. Sometimes I wish I could just keep her little, but I know that she has to grow up and move on. I wish the absolute best for her.

I have made great progress on my current obsession. Some people may call it a sweater, but I am calling it a time sucker. I started this project during the week of Christmas and I am a sleeve and sewing away from being able to wear it. I love having a project like this that I am completely devoted to and can't wait to wear. It makes my hobby that much more enjoyable when everything comes together so smoothly. I have made plenty of mistakes, but since I am crocheting it, I can fix them without as much trouble as there would be if it were knitted. I've never made a garment with crochet, so this is a first for me. So far I love it. I just hope that it fits well when I am done.

My parents were very generous in their Christmas gift to me this year. They gave me money for my hobbies. So, you know what that means, right? YARN!! Knit Wit, a store in Olathe, was hosting a 30% off sale the day after Christmas. I did some good damage that day. I got enough yarn to make a full size sweater, a sleeveless sweater, a hat, and a couple scarves. I think I got something like 20 or so skeins of yarn. I spent all but $0.55 of what my parents gave me. Because of the sale, I saved over $30 (the cost of half a sweater). Give me a sale and a budget and I will try to squeak every last cent out of it! I was willing to add to the pot a little, but realized that the amount of yarn I got plus the amount I already have SHOULD keep me busy at least until summer. That is if I don't have a new obsession every week. I feel like this is rambling, but yarn makes me happy! Especially when it is such a good deal and so soft! Stay tuned for more project news. Who knows, you may even get a picture some time. No promises though!

We rang in the New Year like old people. I had Katie sleeping on my lap, we saw the clock hit midnight, everyone got there coats on and we were in bed by 12:30. We spent the evening with friends and played games. Oh, and I knit. And played games. And talked. I am a multitasker.

I had to work Friday to get ready for this week at work, but I think I got most everything ready to go. Once a quarter, I have to administer some chemistry tests, so I get to do that this week. That with all the monthly tests coming and sampling and running the regular tests is going to make for a busy week. I will be glad when it is over. At least it is only once a quarter.

On that note, I think I will end this rambling mish mash of brain drain and bid you all goodnight. I have a school girl to get ready for bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home