Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The end of the suspense

So, if you read my post from yesterday, you may have guessed that there is a new little one on the way. But, before you get too excited, it is not mine. However, just as I was excited to become a mother, I am very excited to share that I will be an aunt! Steve and Nicole are expecting their baby in January. Her due date is early in the month, so we could possibly have a Christmas or New Year's baby! Or, even better, the first baby born in the new year! It feels good to be able to talk about it, finally. I have been keeping this news since the very beginning of June. That is too long to hold something like that in!

In other news, I made a new dish last night for dinner. Well, it's not exactly new, but I added a new ingredient that I have never used before. I made a fruit salad and added some cut up pork chops with a dressing that I made up. The dressing was a mix of Miracle Whip, honey, cinnamon, white wine vinegar (just a little to thin it out), sesame seed oil, and mint from my little garden. The mint is the new addition. I really liked the way the flavors all mixed together. I used blueberries, raspberries, and grapes for the fruits. The oil gave it a little bit of a complex flavor that is somewhat unexpected. Just a little dab will do you! I think I may have overdone the cinnamon just a bit, but it was still yummy. Then I served it over spinach leaves and had corn on the cob on the side. All in all, it was a good meal!

I forgot to mention that I am less than five pounds from my weight loss goal! If I keep going right the next few weeks, I can get there by Labor Day.

1 Comments:

At 8/6/08, 1:16 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Well you definitely had me intrigued!! Congrats to your bro and sis-in-law!! And to you, aunt-to-be. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home