Friday, June 27, 2008

My Brilliant Daughter

As you know, I think the world of Katie. She is growing into such a charming young lady. Every day she says something to make me stop and think. She is forming her own ideas of things and copying sayings and mannerisms from others. Here are a few of the fun things she has been doing recently:

-As we were watering the garden a few days ago, I accidentally got her a little wet with the hose. Nothing was done except me apologizing to her for getting her wet. We continued watering everything then went inside and she started stripping down. I told her she didn't need to change and that the water would dry. She turned around, looked at me and replied in a very exasperated tone, "But just LOOK at me!" I could not contain my laughter.

-I was tucking her in to bed last night and she asked for her "cooking dollies." I thought, "Cooking dollies? What are those?" Then I saw the Raggedy Ann doll lying on the floor. She wears an apron. Katie wears an apron when she helps me in the kitchen. COOKING DOLLIES! So I had to find the other one, the one that was from my childhood. Remarkably, the two different generations of Ann dolls looking quite the same. She was happy after that.

-I am getting glimpses into the future as how it will be getting Katie out of bed and ready for school. On the weekends, we get to sleep a little later, so Katie gets to come to our bed when she wakes up. She likes to wake up on her own so she can do this. She knows that if we wake her, there won't be any morning snuggling in bed. This morning I went to wake her and she said very calmly, "go away mom so I can wake up on my own." I went into our room and a few minutes later she comes running in all happy and smiles.

-She got a new swimming pool at Grandma's house yesterday. She was pretending to be in the ocean and the waves kept taking her away and bringing her back. Then a shark came so she bopped it on the nose and it went away. I love her imagination!

-She keeps talking about "the other Katie" and that she wants to go play at her house and have her come play at ours. Too cute! (The other Katie is Andrea's little girl that we had the pleasure to meet in Minnesota.)

1 Comments:

At 6/28/08, 5:01 PM, Blogger Created by Spluuuwife said...

How cute! I have to agree, Nathan is doing the same thing. He is coming up with his own opinions on things and I am just amazed! He tells me- "Don't talk ta me!" or "I not talkin' to ya!" too funny!
Missed ya Friday night, I wasn't there until after 10pm though. Everyone left by 11pm- so I didn't even scrap! Can you believe it????
Talk to you soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home