Thursday, March 27, 2008

Free money and something fun

Last night I participated in a music survey. I had to listen to the tags from 500 songs and tell them what I thought. It was rather reminiscent of high school taking the tests with the scantrons, but in the end I got $50! Not too bad for 90 minutes of listening.

I was reading my favourite (she's Canadian, so I had to add the u) knitblog, Yarn Harlot, and she is doing something pretty fun. Well, according to her, non-knitters would be completely confused, but it's fun to confuse them. Anyway, she is planning a book release and is having a great big release day event in Toronto, her home town. One of the things she does is to pose a knitted sock-in-progress in front of famous things and people. She'll hold it out in front of her so that it is in the photo then snap the picture. Yea, non-knitters don't understand. But that isn't the potentially fun part. She is challenging all the knitters in Toronto to have a sock photo scavenger hunt. If you didn't catch it, that was the fun part.

I know you may not want to, but go read this post and check out what she is having people do. It sounds like fun doing a scavenger hunt. I remember doing them as a jr. at church a long time ago. We had several different teams and a list of clues. There were points awarded for the first team to find the clue, first team back, etc. I had so much fun doing that! I think we can come up with some kind of photo hunt as a young adult activity. We could get really crazy with some of the searches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home