Saturday, February 23, 2008

I've lost a Katie!

I weighed in this morning and have now lost a total of 32 pounds. I have lost the entire weight of my Katie. I still carry her around sometimes and am constantly aware of how much she weighs. It feels like a lot! So, since October, I have taken that much weight off of me!

I feel so empowered. I feel like I can do anything. I want to share with you a visual that my leader shared with us this morning. She asked for someone to come up and stand with their arms straight out to the side, like a wingspan. Then she had the volunteer verbally say "I can" over and over while she was pressing down on an arm. The volunteer was to keep the arm up and not let it fall. Then she repeated with the verbalization of "I can't." She used the same pressure and the arm went down. It all depends on the attitude. If you say you can, you can. If you say you can't, you can't. There is a quote that I hear when going to my meetings. I hope I get it right. "If you think you can or you think you can't, you are right." It depends on attitude. I have used this in more areas of my life than just weight loss. As my mom always told me growing up, "you can do whatever you set your mind to."

I am getting closer by the day to my goal. I don't have a number yet, but I know that I am getting closer. This is such a great feeling!

2 Comments:

At 2/23/08, 6:20 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Congratulations Jen!! That is incredible, and inspiring. :)

 
At 2/23/08, 7:22 PM, Blogger Shane said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations Jen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home