Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm glad that's over

I meant to write earlier since Katie celebrated her 3rd birthday last Sunday, but didn't because I had her in my arms all day. Last Saturday she woke up and was so dizzy that she couldn't sit up without throwing up. She couldn't walk at all because she kept falling down. Poor thing couldn't keep anything down until about noon that day. We, well I, was ready to take her to the hospital, but was convinced to wait a couple more hours to see if she could keep anything down. Luckily, she started drinking and eating again so we didn't have to go there.

Needless to say, we had to postpone her Princess birthday party that was scheduled for the next day. We decided to give her the presents so she would have something to open on her birthday and she loved it! I found a princess cell phone that has gone everywhere with her this week. Every once in a while I still get "Thank you for giving me this, mama!" She is too sweet for words!

I cannot believe what a special little girl we have. She is ornery as I'll get out but the sweetest little thing at the same time. She has such enthusiasm for life that it is infecting. We are having issues with temper tantrums and whining, but aside from that, she generally is a good girl. She loves to talk on the phone with anyone, espcially grandma or grandpa. She even calls the princesses on her new cell phone. She always wants to take either oranges or marshmallows to share with her friends at daycare. I could go on and on.

She is still at the top of the charts for height. We recently went to dinner and she made friends with a little boy that was about 5 months older than her. I think she had 2 inches on him. She has within the last month figured out the whole potty thing and has only had one semi-accident since she started wearing "big girl panties." Her eyes seem to be getting bigger and bluer, if that is possible. Her new favorite game is "I Spy."

Mommy and daddy love you Katie bug!

1 Comments:

At 2/23/08, 6:19 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Happy belated birthday Katie! I'm so sorry to hear she was sick. I suffer from vertigo, and that sounds like what she was experiencing. It's no fun!!

By the way, we call ours Katie bug as well!! Eerie. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home