Thursday, June 08, 2006

I love the internet!

I just want to say that the internet is a very cool thing. Especially blogs. What did we ever do without them? If I'm not careful, I could spend all day reading blogs. I have a bad (or is it good?) habit of finding a new blog link on a blog I currently am reading, check it out and then end up reading the ENTIRE account of this person's life on the internet. Sometimes I have to go back several years. This takes a long time.

But, I love people. I love knowing what is going on in people's lives. I don't claim to be a very social person, but I love people watching. I get this from my dad. We both like to sit and watch. Now, thanks to the internet, I sit and read!

Seriously, though. How often do you get the chance to learn about someone that lives several states or even countries away? I recently signed up on Swap-bot (Rachel and Travis's fun site) for a swap involving a magic yarn ball. The person I am sending to lives in New Zealand! How cool is that? How often can you say "I talked to someone from New Zealand today"?

Yea internet!

2 Comments:

At 6/8/06, 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally share your sentiment, Jen. It is really nice to have an outlet to just releast random thoughts upon the world, but also to find community in that you are not alone in the blogosphere.

I'm the same way, too. If I find a blog I like, I usually end up reading back-blog posts for a while.

 
At 6/16/06, 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am glad you signed up for swap-bot! swaps are a fun way to meet cool people all over the world. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home