Thursday, December 07, 2006

So, what's new?

When did I last post? I don't even know. I could go look it up, but that takes some effort. I think it was some time before Thanksgiving. That was such a long time ago!

So, for Thanksgiving, we had our traditional feast of grilled turkey (beats oven turkey any day), mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, sweet potato stuff (it was very yummy) and various other delectable treats. We spent the day with my family and I even got a nap! That just doesn't happen often enough. We had a good time and were even home in time to catch Grey's Anatomy. Bonus!

The next day we headed over to Independence to spend time with Ben's family. We were split (women / men and children) most of the afternoon/evening, but it was still a good time. I don't get to spend time with Joy and Ada very often, so even though I felt a teeny bit guilty by not being with the whole family, some good shopping was done. Plus, since we were out and hungry, we got Red Robin for dinner. You just can't go wrong there.

I honestly do not remember what happened later in the weekend. I do know that it was great having four days off from full time work. Oh yea, I had to go in for a couple hours on Sat. and Sun., but I get paid for the overtime so it all works out. Which reminds me that Katie and I went shopping and had a good time.

More of the same work routine the next week, except for our snow days. Unfortunately I don't get to take off because of snow, but when I drove to work on Friday, the entire parking lot was cleared. That was really nice. Katie was so excited about the "no outside", she even got to play in it for like two minutes. She wasn't sure what to do, so maybe next time we will stay out a little longer. Of course Charlie loves the snow. She is just so cute with snow all over her big brown nose. Sorry, no photos, use your imagination!

Ben's birthday was Dec 2, so we had another full day. We went to my dad's work to see Santa in the morning. Katie did very well and didn't seemed too concerned about Santa. They really did a great job with the planning. There were several clowns making balloon animals, so Katie got a little ladybug. They had an area where you could decorate an ornament, and of course the cookies. They didn't look nearly as pretty as the ones Heidi makes, but they tasted yummy!

I will continue this update later today, so stay tuned!

1 Comments:

At 12/7/06, 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Jen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home