Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's mom and dad

Katie has started really picking up on what others say. When I call up the stairs, I say Ben. Katie now is starting to call him Ben. It's cute, but that's daddy!

When we were getting the decorations and stuff done for Steve and Nicole's wedding, Katie was in the gym where the action was and was trying to get someone's attention. She was in the middle in the Pac'n'Play wanting someone to pick her up. So, people kept asking Frankie what to do with this or that. Katie had enough of being alone and yelled "FRANKIE!" Needless to say, everyone got a laugh and Katie got some attention.

Yesterday I went to pick her up. When I get there, all the kids say "hi Jen" when I walk in the door. Now so does Katie.

I'm glad she knows our names, but I still want to be called mama!

1 Comments:

At 10/13/06, 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I call my parents by their first name a lot. It started out being funny and now it is habit. It is sure much easier to get their attention in a store when you say "Carol" instead of "Mom" so I understand Katie's logic completely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home