Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Letterboxing

A few summers ago, Ben and I became familiar with a sport/activity/adventure (I don't really know what it's classification is) called Letterboxing. You may have heard of Geocaching. Well, this is similar, but a little different. There is a website that has a lot of clues to take you to different letterboxes. Inside you will find a stamp and small notebook. When you locate the box based on the given clues, you ink up your stamp and stamp it into the box's book and ink the box's stamp to stamp in your book. It's kind of like a passport so you have a log of where you've been and the placer of the box can see where people are from. We found a couple boxes when we started this hobby and had every intention of making our own stamps and making boxes to hide for others to find. We haven't touched it since. We were both thinking about it recently, so this post is to help spur us along to start letterboxing again. If anyone else is interested, join us!

I think the thing that held us up before was trying to come up with designs for our stamps. In this hobby, your stamp in kind of like your signature. You don't have to make your own, but it makes it more fun to see homemade stamps in the books. We keep going around with ideas and just need to pick something and do it. I think Ben is closer to having a firm idea than I am, so I need to get busy thinking of something!

I think I'll wait till it's not 100 degrees.

2 Comments:

At 7/20/06, 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...we're going letterboxing soon? I hear there are good ones in Colorado ;)

 
At 7/21/06, 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to be "young" to do it--you could even do it--old people do it too. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home