Friday, June 16, 2006

Numbers and stuff

When I got into the car after dropping Katie off this morning, I looked at my odometer. It said 77999. I had a full house! Then, I was stopped at the stop sign and looked down and it was 78000. I actually saw two interesting mile markers in a row. Yea for me!

Bible school ended last night. It was a very tiring week. But, I think Katie had fun. Every night we'd walk in to the church and she would see the balloons on the ceiling and point and laugh. She loves balloons! Or, as she calls them, boon. Not too bad for a 16 month old!

I normally do not take her to the nursery during church, but let her go several times this week. She now knows where the toys are and wants to go to the room every time we are there. Oh well. I am trying to teach her that when we are in church, she needs to sit with me and stay quiet. Trying is the operative word here. I know it's hard for her to sit still for that long, but at least we can try, right? I don't want her to be causing a commotion every time. Why not start early with the manners?

So during the week, the kids were collecting their coins for Heiffers International with the hopes of buying a cow through this organization for a needy family in another country. The kids needed $500 to get a cow. They got over $700 at last count and that wasn't tallying the money brought in last night. I think that is so very cool! A little birdy told me that Katie brought in the most coins-1270! It was mostly pennies, but every cent counts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home