Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

Today marks Ben's second father's day and a whole lot more for my dad. These two men are wonderful fathers.

When I was a little girl, I remember going to a Daddy/Daughter thing at church. I don't remember all that we did, but I know that it was just the two of us. I don't know if this was the first "date" we had, but it definitely wasn't the last. Some of my fondest memories include date nights with my dad. We would usually go to dinner then take in a show of some kind, usually a concert. It always made me feel like I was worth more than a million bucks. My dad has always made me feel special and I know he would do anything for me, even now. My dad taught me how to enjoy life, how to appreciate the little things. He taught me how to swing a hammer and how to fix a sqeaky floor. My dad has deep well of knowledge that I have tapped many times. He helped nurture my love of music and the arts.

I love you dad!


Ben is a great daddy to Katie. When he gets home and Katie hears the front door unlock, she will stop whatever she is doing and run to him. He scoops her up and they give each other loves. To see them so excited to see each other is such a wonderful thing! Ben will get down on the floor and play with Katie and she just loves it. She will take his hat and he'll let her. He'll even put it on her head. I can see the love he has for our little girl and it makes my heart swell. My wish for Ben as a father to Katie is for her to have such fond memories of him as I have for my dad. I think she is well on her way.

I love you Ben!

Here's to you daddy!

1 Comments:

At 6/23/06, 8:29 AM, Blogger Alli said...

how sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home