Friday, December 08, 2006

So it's really tomorrow, but who cares?

I told you I would finish the life update yesterday, but I didn't get back to the 'ole blog til today. I'm sure you were at the edge of your seats waiting! :) Just kiddning, I'm not really like that.

So, for Ben's B-Day, we went to Texas Roadhouse. We've had better food in past visits, but the service we had that night was superb. It almost made up for the hour+ long wait. Ben was ok going to Old Chicago instead since they could seat us right away, but my dad had to run home at a specific time to take the two turkeys off the grill that he was cooking. The wait allowed him to join us just as they were seating us. So, all in all it worked out ok. Ada got to join us for dinner and cake too.

Sunday was a full day at church. First the service in the morning, then the potluck dinner and Christmas program in the evening. Katie didn't want to sit still during the program. She went back to sit with grandma then wanted grandpa again. Well, I don't think he knew she was comign because she got all the way to the front of the church before I realized what was going on. She just wanted to go sit on Micki's lap while she was reading the story. She is a silly little girl and I love her.

Work started again on Monday and that was that.

Wednesday I played my last concert for JC Winds. The group has disbanded. It is kind of bittersweet. I enjoy playing, but I wanted a break from the committment. I was feeling like I couldn't really take a break because we were so few numbers. So, the decision was made for me. We had a good concert, but it was a relief to have it over.

I have been knitting up a storm. I have several ideas for presents that I need to finish, and I think I will make it before Christmas! It will be close, but I think I can do it. I have 1/2 of one and 1 full one left, but it shouldn't be too bad. Then, some more creations are in the works that should be done by Christmas too. I know I'm pushing it close, but at least it gives me something to do!

When the holiday gift making is done, I think I will start designing more things to possibly sell. Nicole often has a booth at craft fairs and she has offered in the past to let me use some of her space. I might take her up on that this time around.

So now that I have posted for two days in a row, don't expect anything for awhile. But you never know, I may just surprise you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home